Friday 15 April 2011

Grateful

When I had postnatal depression, I used to write in my journal things I was grateful for.  I didn't always do it each day, but I tried to do it often.  I recommend it to anyone who's going through a low patch.  As the Bible says, "put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness". 

I love to read Under the Sycamore Tree, it's a great blog by a beautiful lady.  Their family is undergoing a major upheaval at the moment.
I must confess, I was quite frustrated this afternoon.  Nothing major - the kids need to learn to listen, and I need to take the time to teach them.  And they let the bunny out of his hutch - a major no-no!! 
But in the midst of frustration, there's nothing like a reality check to change a bad attitude.  So go on and check out Ashley's photos, of her little girl stuck in a hospital bed.
We've had our fair share of trips to the Emergency department... especially with this little missy.  She is strong, agile, confident... and only human.  Which she forgets sometimes.

This photo was taken last winter, after she had a major fall from the tree behind her.  She's holding the branch she was standing on.  It snapped.  She hit her head on the rock garden-edge when she landed. 
At the hospital she was sleepy, incoherent, nauseous.  Her eyes were rolling back in her head.  A CT scan revealed she had a fractured skull.  It would have been a scary time, but I had the most overwhelming peace in my spirit.  I knew God had the situation under control.  That evening, as our church gathered together for the Sunday night service, our wonderful Pastor asked everyone to pray for our girl.  And about 5 minutes later, she sat bolt upright in bed, looked her Aunty in the eye and told her all about the CD we were listening to on the way to the hospital. 
We had a miracle.  Gotta be grateful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment