Tuesday 5 April 2011

Miss 5 Turns 6

Here's a little something I threw together... literally, in less than a week!  I was keen on a sweet, simple tea party, not many children, raspberry lemonade in the teapot.  But my girl was totally into this cute party from The Tortoise and The Hare, and had her heart set on a Supergirl Party. 
She invited six close friends, rather than the usual 12 or so... we asked them not to bring gifts.  I made them all capes, and they decorated their own masks before heading off on a secret mission... to rescue someone very special. 
Decorating masks
Searching for clues in the big rescue
The rescue mission included hidden easter eggs...
...and it led them right down the garden path
And eventually found...
a brand new friend!
What party is complete without a cake covered in lollies?


Did you like the bunny?  He was a gift from our lovely friends Spike and Dizzy (not their real names, obviously, but that's what we all call them!).  Spike and Dizzy got married recently, I'm going to do some posts about their beautiful wedding. 
You may have noticed Spiderman was there... my boys weren't having anything to do with their capes!  After the party, Spiderman changed his mind and asked me for his cape.  Typical.
The boy's capes are denim, the girls are from whatever fabrics I had lying around.  I made the decision to raid my stash rather than buy in (although I was sorely tempted). 
Sometimes limitations force creativity to blossom in unexpected ways.
Goodnight, lovely little cyber friends xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment