Saturday 21 May 2011

Laundry & Other Challenges

For the first time, I'm joining a linky party!  I love the Freckled Laundry... and this weekend's party is all about textiles.  Hence the title of my post.  Does folding your own weight in laundry count as "textile related"?  It sure isn't very creative, I can tell you.  Apart from folding the queen-sized fitted sheet from my bed.  That requires a high degree of creativity. 
Apart from folding 7 day's laundry in 1 evening, I've also tackled a bit more sewing this weekend.
This cute person was on her way to an Ice-Skating party...


And of course, we needed a special gift for her sweet friend.  Turning 7 is a big deal.  My 6-year-old is already planning her party.  She turned 6 at the end of March.


Here's one excited party-goer modelling the gift I whipped up - a rib headband with yellow rib flower, and a handy-dandy apron for baking with Mum.  Complete with yo-yos for crafty style.


I've had this apron in mind for some time now.  I wanted a curved neckline and curved hem.  It's hard to see on the denim, but there are two little pleats along the waistline for shape. 


This is the best close-up I got. 




I didn't have time to tie it up nicely - we had to get to the party!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable, Neva...the apron & your daughter! Thank you so much for sharing with air your laundry Friday!

    ReplyDelete